Sunday, November 06, 2022

I shouldn't be allowed near computers

 About a month ago I got a new modem for my computer and this caused the Google Chromecast, given me by The Girls when they updated, to start having issues I couldn't seem to fix. I broke down and purchased a new one with a trial of Google TV.

For some reason, this started isssues with my computer. I'm one of those folks knows just enough about computers and software to be dangerous. I caused my toolbar to disappear and the screen to have a black bar across the top. I would sometimes have to minimize my screen to be able to scroll down enough to perform some task.

When I finally got the toolbar back in place everything I had put there had disppeared. I decided that I had to finally admit defeat and was going to call Geek Squad. This was where I was when I left for my cruise.

I had signed out and turned off my computer, as I always do when I go away for more than a day or two. When I came back there were some updates that needed to be installed. When the computer had rebooted I found that all my previous issues had been corrected. I have a full screen and the items on the old toolbar reappeared.

I have no clue and I'm not going to question it. Guessing that I had done something and the update went back to older settings. From now on I'm just going to call Best Buy and let their folks handle it. 

No comments: