Friday, November 04, 2022

I am one of little faith

 As a progressive and an atheist, I have to admit that I have little confidence that the election next week will be good for either of my philosophies. I see the Trumpist/Evangelical politicians taking the House and even more state & local seats, leaving the majority of Americans looking at the possibility of  democracy's end. 

Even should the Dems maintain the Senate, the House and state legislators will do their best to rid Americans of every freedom, except those in the Second Amendment, which they have already twisted.  I think the surprise for those who praise guns over humanity is going to be when the Right decides that their base might have too many guns after all and turn on them before it's the other way around. It will start with limits on any guns held by non-white/non-Christians and move on from there. 

The imaginary separation of Church & State will become even more of a joke and the "religious right" will have even more non-taxable privileges given to them.

By the way, as some of you already know I've dropped my Twitter account and as much as I enjoy Facebook, I do know that folks there would rather not have me political and anti-religious ranting thrown at them. Going to keep the loudest ranting here. 




No comments: