Thursday, December 22, 2005

Day Three and the jokes getting old real fast! Hopefully, both sides will finally cool down long enough to stop the name calling and negotiate a deal. It would be nice to get back to my own branch, although the folks here at McKinley Park couldn't be nicer.

I'm going to say something negative about the Queens system, so if you work there look away.

I don't know how New York Public is handling the situation, but it seems to me that Brooklyn Public Library is going about this in the best manner. They are having all the branches open & close at the same time (10:00am - 5:00pm weekdays) enabling staff to be able to get home at a decent hour. Queens on the other hand is expecting to continue with regular service hours. This may be fine for patrons, but hardly fair to those staff (especially from other systems) who made it their priority to report. It's difficult enough getting around during the strike without having folks leaving at 8:00pm to walk back to wherever they live.

Just my two cents as usual!

1 comment:

Elayne said...

Latest news I've heard is that they've reached a blueprint for an agreement (as Robin put it, they've decided on the shape of the table) so it's back to work this afternoon, but we'll see!

By the way, your comments aren't working on your other blog, so I'll leave my response here to your latest post about holiday specials, which is just to say that Robin noted the exact same thing that you did...