Sunday, January 23, 2005

Like many other bloggers, I'm sure, I'd like to send out my condolences to the family and friends of Johnny Carson. Mr. Carson passed away early this morning and I heard of his death a few hours ago. CNN, Fox News and several other channels are doing 'special reports' on this and you can bet that the major networks (especially NBC) will have further comments and events over the next few days.

Others of my generation will know how it was to grow up with Carson. It seems that he was a already a permanent fixture in most American households when we got to stay up with our parents on non-school nights. Jack Paar and Steve Allen I considered better at certain areas of the talk show format, but Johnny took what they had created and made into the perfect vehicle for his talent and wit.

Goodnight, Johnny! We'll miss you.

No comments: