Friday, May 07, 2004

Eighteen years ago I was working for Brown & Wood (the firm actually had a longer name which I can't recall right now, but B&W was how we all referred to the place), which was a law firm in the South Tower of the World Trade Center. About a month or so before I had an interview with Brooklyn Public Library, but had not heard back. Then sometime in May they contacted me and asked if I'd be interested in a position.

Here I am today sitting in Grand Army Plaza (BPL's central branch) and have just left the Human Resources office, where I filled in an application to return. Man, who'd have thunk it, huh?

I have to be honest and say that i really had no intention of ever returning here, but circumstances being as they are it seemed like a good idea. I don't think I burned too may bridges behind me, so fingers crossed. I could do the job of public librarian in my sleep, but it really isn't my goal at this point in my career. Still if it pays the bills and gives me some free time to play on line it can't be all bad. :-)

No comments: