Monday, December 22, 2003

Wonder if Al-Queda is responsible for the California earthquake? Better get Tom Ridge into body armor and onsite to check things out.

Honestly, does anybody but Mayor Bloomberg and several governors (looking towards re-election, or in the case of Connecticut's Governor Rowland possible investigation) really pay attention to those things anymore? I have a feeling that a check of Google's archives would find that the Dept. of Homeland Fear and Trepidation put out a similar alert the same time last year.

Spent the past weekend finishing up our Christmas shopping and preparations. Donna had a bit of last minute shopping for her mom and cooked up a huge pot of sauce for Christmas dinner. We're having lasagna this time, along with antipasto and salad. Seems weird for me, since I grew up having turkey for almost every holiday, save Easter, but then I wasn't Italian. :-)

Meanwhile, here at UNH, the IT folks have been busy since last week updating our computer system. Naturally, as always happens, I've now lost a number of files and several programs that I requested never seem to have been saved. It's going to take me several days (at least) to get everything back up, so I'm not sure if I'll have a chance to post again. If not I hope that everybody out there has a joyous holiday!

Maybe Santa will bring you all enough duct tape and plastic wrap to survive into the New Year.

No comments: