Wednesday, July 09, 2003

My long time pal, the lovely Dorian Tenore-Bartilucci, forwarded a link to the library oriented strip UNSHELVED. I immediately discovered that I could indentify with the staff of this fictional public library. I spent close to fifteen years working for a number of small branches in the Brooklyn Public Library system and many of the incidents involving patrons and co-workers ring all too true.

Fellow Blogger (and the gal who introduced me to Dorian and so many other wonderful folks) Elayne Riggs also sent me a library oriented link, but this will also be a delight for all you cat lovers. A great page which actually allows you to see the 'library cats' who roan the stacks of libraries all over the country. Believe it or not some libraries do actually allow felines to take up residence among the books. Check them out at theLibrary Cats Map I think you'll be spending a while. :-)

No comments: